8 Foot Robot Cat – Robot Educational Workshop for Schools
If you are looking for something different that will get attention, you have certainly landed on the right page! We would like to introduce our 8 Foot Robot Cat, KA-Tash-Trophe, or KATT. She is 8 foot high, weighs about 220 Kg and is unforgettable. #8FootRobotCat
Please note that she is a radio controlled robot and NOT someone in a costume.
The aim of the KATT is to entertain, educate and inspire. Martin Thompson is a STEM Ambassador.
The KATT has already attended Robot Days in schools throughout Cardiff and Neath. Robot Workshops have been held at Foundation Phase, Key Stage 2 and 3, by introducing the concept of robots at primary and secondary level, which has proved to delight children and young people of all abilities.
We deliver an hour of workshop activities within the classroom environment and also cater for events that are held for larger audiences.
We can provide up to three workshop sessions within schools that include, activity based learning for Foundation Stage, Key Stage 2 and 3. The aims and outcomes are for children and young people to learn about science, through interaction with the workings of the robots, through play, activities and investigative learning.
Our team are dedicated to providing a service that is inclusive for all learners and we have a special awareness of the new approaches for ALN provision.
The children and young people will learn about:
- The History of our Robots.
- How they were brought into being.
- All technology that surrounds society today.
- A debating session which will include possibilities for the future of robots and mankind.
- For the entertainment part, there will be a demonstration of the robots complete with features that will keep the ‘inner child’ involved.
Each lesson can include:
- A PowerPoint presentation
- A set of Videos showing our robots in action
- Hands on activates with parts of the robots
- A follow up activity using a booklet which would include:
- Activity Booklet: colouring sheets, word searches, design grid, story boards and more
- Isaac’s Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics
A lively, entertaining show can also be provided including lighting and sound effects. The KATT Kadets are the volunteers from the audience who take part in this interactive show or play.
The Eight Foot Robot Cat has an audio track which can enhance the experience and provides an element of fun. They are introduced to the nine lives or nine personalities of the KATT:
- A Ghost, who is the ghost in the machine.
- Na-Nim-In-Atorr or narrator.
- Mad-Pusss, the mad hungry cat.
- DJ Katt, trendy rock DJ personality.
- Tasha is a diva who loves mobile phones.
- Mrs McKitty, a dear older lady who loves a nice cup of tea.
- Dr Fee-Line is a fan of relaxation and exercise.
- A mystery guest…
- Troll–Lee, hidden personality
Call us to find out how we can bring science to life for your pupils.
Our fee range:
- One session with follow up £150.00
- Two sessions with follow up £250.00
- Three sessions with follow up £300.00
Promotions and Appearances
The Katt and The Katt have been involved in promotions in Stores, including PC World, Swansea, as well as outdoor appearances at Carnivals in Carmarthen and Amman Valley. She has even appeared at an environmental event in the Gower. Who knows? Perhaps one day she might be invited to make an appearance on television like her older brother, Mascot the Robot Dog. Some of you might remember watching him on “Multicoloured Swap Shop”.
Our YouTube Channel DJ Diamond Dust: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZmCx1pc63cyhq8YgjE4NQ.
We were very privileged to be invited to meet Mat Irvine, the creator of K9 (“Dr Who”) in Milton Keynes, summer of ’16, at Smallspace. This is an annual model show for all things space, science fiction and fantasy.
KATashTrophe, the Eight Foot Robot Cat, made a number of regular annual visits to Margam Castle, where she joins in the Heroes and Legends Weekend School during Summer Holidays.
The aim of the KATT is to entertain, educate and inspire.